Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
Childhood health and well-being
Referred to a specialist? What happens next?
Call 111 - When it is less urgent than 999

Suggestions & Complaints

How To Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, preferably at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in the way you wish and you decide to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at the most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint within 12 months of the date of the incident that caused the problem.

Complaints should be addressed to Mrs R Powell – Practice Manager, Manor Park Medical Practice, 122 Parker Drive, Leicester LE4 0JF. Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with the Practice Manager in order to discuss your concerns. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are specific as possible about your complaint.

What We Shall Do

We shall acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days and agree a reasonable timescale for undertaking an investigation into your complaint. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved. When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate, and a written response to your complaint to include how the complaint was considered, what conclusions were made and if any further action was required.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure this problem does not happen again

Complaining On Behalf Of Someone Else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness or disability) of providing this.

Complaining To Other Authorities

We hope that if you have a problem you will use the Practice Complaints Procedure. However, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us, or you are dissatisfied with the response received from us, you can contact any of the following:

For Advocacy Service for Leicester/Leicestershire:

POhWER IMCA (Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland complaints Advocacy service).
This service is free and offers an impartial and independent service for people wishing to complain, or have already complained, about services provided by the NHS.
You can contact POhWER IMCA on 0300 456 2370.

For NHS England

NHS England,
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT
Telephone; 0300 311 2233


The Healthwatch Helpline will help you find services to resolve any health and social care issues. This includes help finding a GP, dentist or optician.

Contact the Healthwatch Helpline: 0116 251 8313


As a last resort, if you are not happy with the response from this practice, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who investigates complaints about the NHS in England. You can call the Ombudsman’s Complaints Helpline on 0345 015 4033 or write to them at: The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP.


You may also wish to contact POhWER, NHS Complaints Advocacy Service for support with your complaint. POhWER provide a free, confidential and independent service to support people with their NHS complaint.

POhWER can be contacted in the following ways: Telephone: 0300 200 0084 or by email: Their website address is: 


Local Services, Let